Are you preparing to stage your home and just aren't sure where to begin with everything? Well, if the answer is yes, you might be relieved to hear that we've got you covered on this one! Diving right in, here are the seven key things you should focus on when staging your home:
1. Declutter and depersonalize: Remove any excess furniture, knick-knacks, and personal items to give the home a more neutral, spacious and inviting feel.
2. Make minor repairs: Fix any minor repairs such as broken door knobs, cracked tiles, and dripping faucets.
3. Painting or Touch Ups: Give the walls or any small spots a fresh coat of paint to offer the home a more modern and well-kept appearance.
4. Clean and organize: Clean the home from top to bottom and make sure everything is organized and in its place.
5. Add curb appeal: Make sure the exterior of the home looks inviting with a freshly mowed lawn, trimmed bushes, and a neat walkway.
6. Add staging touches: Add some touches such as fresh flowers, a bowl of fruit, and a few pieces of artwork to make the home more inviting.
7. Showcase the home's best features: Highlight the home's best features such as a fireplace, a large window, or a great view.
Staging your home is an important consideration in the home selling process. It can help you to maximize the potential of your home and make a lasting impression on potential buyers. With careful planning and attention to detail, you too can create a beautiful and inviting atmosphere that will not only help you bring out the best in your home, but also to show off its potential for whomever plans to reside there next.